Sunday, July 27, 2008

Water Entry: Ashley Style

Yesterday, I didn't have the camera out when Ashley made several jumps into the pool. Today... we were ready.

The approach.


Good Extension. Arms open wide, legs apart.... can she pull it off?


Big splash. The photographer in the front row (me) got quite a splash from this diver!


Although this is a good picture of Ashley jumping in the pool, I must digress. Yesterday, I coaxed Ashley into giving me a true belly-flop. And when I say true, I mean full extension, parallel to the water, chest, face, arms, legs all RED from smacking into the water.
Today with the camera, she wouldn't do it. Yesterday hurt too much (and believe me it had to hurt.... the red welts lasted nearly 30 minutes!!) If I was only a better father and had the camera ready. Darn.

No comments: